How Do Program Coordinators (PCs) Transform Math Education?
Over the course of ten years of research and development, Reasoning Mind has produced not only a first rate math curriculum, but also an expert artificial intelligence system that helps us meet the learning needs of every child. We have the product, but to achieve our mission we need more.
To fully realize the mission that drives everyone at Reasoning Mind, we must create partnerships with schools to help them learn how to use our system effectively. We must understand the needs of our schools, teachers, parents, and students and work to meet those needs. We must also identify any obstacles standing in the way of student learning and overcome them.
With each of your schools, you will:
train teachers to effectively use Reasoning Mind.
visit classrooms to understand how your teachers are implementing our program.
meet with teachers to provide feedback and brainstorm effective practices.
analyze student progress and plan next steps.
engage principals and other school staff to help implement the program with fidelity.
By working with administrators, teachers, and students, you will also gain valuable information about how we can improve the Reasoning Mind system. In this sense, you will be the eyes and ears of the organization and help inform the development of our system.
What’s it like to work at Reasoning Mind?
Carmel, Julia, and Travis discuss the work environment at the organization.
[ Length: ]
Who Are We Looking For?
Consider applying if you are:
adept at problem-solving.
collaborative and can maintain strong professional relationships with a wide range of people.
capable of prioritizing and completing large task loads.
flexible and adaptable.
The qualities above can come from a range of backgrounds, but our most successful Program Coordinators excel in each.
Where do Program Coordinators come from?
Panel members describe the educational and professional backgrounds of a few current Program Coordinators.
[ Length: ]
What Skills do PCs Develop?
- Problem-Solving: Many non-standard problems arise that you will learn how to troubleshoot and creatively resolve.
- Data Analysis: You will learn how to analyze student data to identify problems, determine a course of action, and implement the solution.
- Project Management: You will gain experience participating in complex, organization-wide projects.
- Time Management and Organization: You will carry a large task load, which demands effective time-management and organizational skills. You and your manager will work closely together to navigate the work to be done.
- Leadership: You will be given the responsibility of training and supporting teachers, coordinating school officials, and mentoring new Program Coordinators.
- Technology: You will gain expertise in the Reasoning Mind program as well as other software programs used to track and analyze our implementations.
- Advancement: Because of Reasoning Mind's rapid growth, exceptionally talented people have the opportunity to quickly advance to roles of increasing responsibility.
What makes a good Program Coordinator?
Panel members share some of the tools, resources, and strategies they have used to become successful Program Coordinators.
[ Length: ]
RM offers an exceptional benefits package. As a Reasoning Mind employee, you will enjoy comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) as well as short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, and life insurance. You will receive 17 days (3 weeks) of annual paid vacation. You will also have the option of telecommuting – working from home or remotely from any location in the world – for up to 20 days (4 weeks) every year.
What do Program Coordinators enjoy most about their jobs?
Carmel, Julia, and Travis share stories about the most satisfying aspects of the Program Coordinator position.
[ Length: ]
The location of openings will depend on partnership agreements with schools. Currently, RM has programs in Texas, California, Louisiana, Oklahoma, West Virginia, New York, and Tennessee.* For more detailed information about the Program Coordinator position, please explore: www.reasoningmind.org/job/
* N.B. the majority of available positions are in Texas locations.
What role does an Implementation Manager play in a Program Coordinator’s work?
Julia and Travis give their perspectives on the role of managers in the Implementation Department.
[ Length: ]
Submit your resume, cover letter, and basic contact information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page. Your cover letter should address any or all of the following topics: your understanding of the RM mission, why you feel compelled to join the RM team, how joining RM would align with your career goals, and what skills and experiences you would bring to the position.
After submitting your resume and cover letter, you may receive an email containing a written assignment. Please submit your completed assignments as soon as possible, as we are now reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
Candidates who do well on the written assignments will be advanced to the phone interview round.
Candidates who advance from the phone interview round will be invited to a final interview and classroom visit with the Reasoning Mind Team.
We are hiring for positions with start dates in spring and summer 2013. Submitting your assignments by an earlier deadline will lead to an earlier hiring decision.