For the last five years, thousands of North Texas community members have celebrated “North Texas Giving Day,” an annual day of giving to local causes. This year, we are joining in on the fun to raise money for math education:
Did you know?
- More than 40,000 students in the North Texas area will use Reasoning Mind this year. A gift on North Texas Giving Day will help us increase our impact and provide even more students with a first-rate math education.
- Careers in science, technology, engineering, and math, which all require math skills, are expected to grow by 17 percent by 2018, compared to 10 percent for the economy as a whole.
- Our students solved 37,403,672 problems during the 2013-14 school year, including 2,081,226 of the most challenging C-level problems in the Reasoning Mind system.
- Increasing the percentage of students proficient in mathematics to levels in Korea would boost the annual U.S. GDP growth rate by 1.3 percentage points, or about $75 trillion over the next 80 years, says a Harvard study.
- Reasoning Mind provided 15,579 hours of Continuing Professional Education to North Texas-area teachers.
- Students who fail Algebra I are four times more likely to not finish high school. Those who take at least Algebra II in high school are twice as likely to complete a four-year degree.
Here’s how you can help today:
- Save the date for September 18. Download a Google calendar reminder or an Outlook calendar reminder.
- Help us spread the word. Post this blog to all of your social media accounts and let your friends know that you support math education.
- Share your thoughts about math education. We will host conversations all day long on Sept. 18 on why North Texas needs to #dothemath and support math education.