At Reasoning Mind, the Business Analysis and IT teams wear a few different hats: they design the processes that keep us running and optimize the operations of the organization, they purchase, install, operate, and maintain the IT technologies that support these processes, and they serve as a project management resource for the rest of the organization. In short, they work to give our employees the tools they need to do their job as best as they can, and in turn, make work for our employees more satisfying and make Reasoning Mind more productive as an organization.
As Director of Business Analysis and IT, you will lead our team of sharp and versatile Business Analysts, Systems Engineers, Systems Administrators, and Project Managers in tackling a wide range of issues that arise in a quickly-growing organization. This position reports to the Vice President – CFO.
What does the Director of Business Analysis and IT at Reasoning Mind do?
· Coaches and manages the department staff in their work improving processes and managing projects throughout the organization.
· Works with Central Management to strategically select and prioritize projects for the Business Analysis and IT Department as well as other major departments.
· Manages office IT infrastructure (hardware, network, software services, and applications)
· Establishes and implements IT technology policies and procedures
· Manages user IT support service (help desk)
· Develops and implements solutions to ensure organization data continuous availability, integrity and security
· Procures IT hardware, software, and IT services.
· Maintains steady communication with all department managers and other major stakeholders to identify operational issues proactively and to plan upcoming projects.
· Serves as a source of best practices for process design, technology use, and project management.
· Ensures staff is properly trained on technologies they use in their work.
· Monitors Reasoning Mind’s burgeoning project repository, which stores information regarding most of the major projects active in the organization.
· Facilitates and/or conducts analyses of business data to inform strategies of all departments.
· Manages critical projects when they arise.
What qualifications do I need?
A successful DBAIT will likely have the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or a related field; MBA, JD, or PhD preferred
· Three or more years of work experience in engineering, operations, business analysis, IT, or a related field
· Comfort managing people at all levels, from entry-level employees to board members
· Experience managing large and complex projects
· A knack for developing structures that allow organizations to scale
· Exposure to software development or database administration (Salesforce.com experience preferred)
The following skills are important for the job:
· Strong analytic skills
· Solid knowledge of office IT
· Entrepreneurial approach
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
· Thoroughness and attention to detail
Where is the job based?
The job is based in Houston, Texas, at Reasoning Mind's headquarters.
What are the biggest advantages of working at Reasoning Mind?
· Impact. As the leader of our Business Analysts, you will design processes and manage projects that enable our employees to do what they’re truly here to do – provide a first-rate mathematics education to every child.
· The team. You’ll be joining a driven, first-rate team, and there’s nothing as invigorating as working with the best. You will work closely with the organization’s leadership.
· Growth. Because of the breadth of this position, you will gain experience and knowledge of a wide variety of business areas – knowledge that will serve you well throughout your career.
· Advancement. Reasoning Mind is expanding rapidly, and you will have the opportunity to grow with the company, supervising a larger staff and overseeing initiatives on a constantly increasing scale.
· The cause. This year alone, your contributions will improve the education of over 100,000 students in disadvantaged communities.
What are the benefits?
Reasoning Mind offers an exceptional benefits package. As a Reasoning Mind employee, you will enjoy comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) and 3 weeks of annual paid vacation. In addition, you will have the option of telecommuting – working from home or remotely from any location in the world – for a total of 4 weeks every year.
1. Submit your resume and basic contact information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
2. After submitting your resume, you may receive written assignments to be submitted at your earliest convenience.
3. Candidates who do well on the written assignments will advance to the phone interview round.
4. Candidates who advance from the phone interview round will be invited to a final interview with the Reasoning Mind team in Houston.
Reasoning Mind is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
Reasoning Mind will make reasonable accommodations per the guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).